UPSC has released notification for Civil Services Examination (CSE) 2020. The Civil Services Exam (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination conducted in India by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment of candidates to various Central and All India Services such as the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS) etc.Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website on or before 3rd March, 2020 till 6:00 PM.
- Organisation : UPSC
- Number of vacancies : Nearly 1000
- Location : All over India
- Last date : 3rd March 2020
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions.
What is the age limit ?
21-32 years as on 1st of August, 2020. Age relaxation as per Govt rules and regulation
Pay Levels in the 7th Central Pay Commission The basic per month salary of an IAS officer starts at Rs.56,100 ( TA, DA and HRA are extra) and can go on to reach Rs.2,500,00 for a Cabinet Secretary.
Number of attempts:
All candidates are permitted to take part in the civil services exam for 6 attempts (chances). Number of chances is 9 for OBC, there is no restriction in case of SC/ ST applicants.
- Female/SC/ST/ Pwd candidates: Nil
- General / OBC Candidates: 100/-
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination;
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website on or before 3rd March, 2020 till 6:00 PM.